Friday, September 28, 2007

Pregnancy and the Nursery

Well, today I am 31 weeks pregnant. It has gone by fairly quickly and I have been really lucky. I have not been sick once and despite the frequent trips to the bathroom things are going pretty well. I am just starting to fell uncomfortable. We are so excited to start our family and welcome a little girl into our family. We have decided to call her Emma Mary Lavender. I am due on November 30Th. This also happens to be Quinn's nephews birthday and he thinks that's pretty cool, but I hope she comes a little before that. I don't really want to chance a December birthday for her. That month is already so full of things. We are hoping for sometime before or after Thanksgiving because we just found out my Doctor will be out of town for the holiday. Oh well, nothing much I can do about it.

We have been working on the Nursery over the past months. When we moved into the house the room was a bright blinding princess pink. Just the color an 8 year old girl would pick out herself. Even though we are having a girl, this color is just too much. We decided to paint the walls a pastel green so that if the next baby is a boy we won't have to paint again, Yeah. I forget how much work painting is until I start doing it and I end up asking myself why am doing this again. We are going to go with a Noah's Ark theme. We'll see how it turns out. As of now the painting is all done and I am very excited to start moving stuff in and decorating. Check back for updated pictures of my progress.


This picture does not do the blinding pink justice.




The Painting Crew included Dad!


Mom and I created these one of a kind curtains.




Our Nursery is starting to look like a Nursery now!!

-Lauralee

1 comment:

Living Green said...

Wow!!! First and only comment on your blog. I feel privileged in some respects. In others, I feel sorry for you. Ummm... I think the nursery is coming along nicely. Verily, the green is very reminiscent (to me) of our old nursery *sniff*.

Warmest Regards,

Dr. Robert Langdon

P.S. Challene says: We sure liked having you guys up here and we miss you and we are excited for Emma to come!