Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Daddy/Daughter Evening

To appease all my blog-going fans out there -- but mostly to appease my wife, who demanded it -- Emma and I had a Daddy/Daughter evening last Thursday night. As you may recall, I used to spend each Monday at home with Emma while Lauralee worked, until "The Man" told me I couldn't work 4 10-hour days any more and couldn't have Mondays off.

Last Thursday Lauralee went straight from work up to Ogden to spend the evening with friends, leaving me (in a very bold move) to watch Emma all evening. I got home from work and found that she had been good for my mom all day. I naturally assumed that she had therefore used up her allotted good behavior for the day and would be a pill for the rest of the evening. But she was great. She drank her whole bottle and had fun playing with me on the floor. Then we went outside for a little while. I thought it would be a good time to get some cute pictures of her. She especially makes funny faces on the grass -- she has a love/hate relationship with the lawn. She loves to feel it with her hands but not so much with her feet, legs, neck, arms, neck and head.

Here she is in an abnormally happy mood for sitting on the grass.

Then I thought it would be cute to get a self-picture of the two of us. I was so concerned about getting the camera at the right angle that I didn't realize what Emma was doing until I took the picture and looked at the camera screen to see this:

Yes, she's eating a leaf.

After that, I fed her a lovely dinner of apple/cinnamon/granola mush and mixed vegetable mush. For dessert? A handful of those baby food thingys that kind of look like the non-marshmallow Lucky Charms bits -- you know, the ones you eat first so that you end up with bowl full of milk and marshmallows....mmmmmm....

Pssst! Emma! Ya got a little sumthin on your face!



She was such a good baby all night. She was happy and fun and went right to sleep for me too, which left me with plenty of time to slide around the hardwood floors in my underwear singing "Old Time Rock and Roll" into a mop handle. In sunglasses. And my underwear.

3 comments:

The Beckstrom's said...

These moments are so worth it. I love when Kurt spends time with the kids, because that usually means I dont have to, lol.

HDVB said...

If your goal was to me make me laugh out and miss Emma terribly - you succeeded! How fun and sweet of you Quinn to appease Laura :) We miss you guys more than you'll ever know!

M2QC said...

Wow great visual! Sounds like you did a super job with your daddy daughter night. Oh and by the way, the TMI alert on my blog was for you and you alone, since I think you are the only male that reads my blog. So it's pretty funny you didn't know what that meant! (sorry)