Sunday, July 12, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

Well as usual we spent the 4th of July up at Bear Lake. The weather wasn't very promising but it turn out really good. We only had bad weather on Friday night. We had just gotten Emma settled for the night in our tent and we went back to Grandma's trailer because she doesn't usually fall asleep when we are in there. We were only there for a minute before the thunder and lighting started. We waited another minute but did not hear her crying. So we sat down to visit. Just as we did this we hear it start to rain. And boy did it start to rain, within another minute the hail started. I started to worry about Emma all alone in the tent. We hurried and got ready for the night and then dashed out the trailer through the hail and into the tent to find a very frighten little girl. I felt so bad we had left her alone in that if only for a minute or so. There was no way she was going to get back in her playpen so she slept with me on my twin air mattress. Let me just say that Emma is a bed hog. I did not get much sleep that night and what I did get was not restful because I tried not to move so as not to wake Emma. I also tried to keep us both covered with the sleeping back but Emma does not like to be covered. Oh well, I survived.

Here are a few pictures from our first day. We just relaxed and then went letter boxing for Quinn.

Reading books in the car with Grandma while Quinn hunts for his letterbox.

Emma learned to pick her nose this past week. Yeah! I was real cute when we went to dinner at the Olive Garden a few nights before.

Quinn found one of his letterboxes in this rock wall in Raspberry Square.

Emma thought this was the perfect chair for her.

Emma loves corn on the cob!

The next day started off overcast but once we got down to the beach the clouds started to clear out and the best part was the wind did not come up and drive us off the beach. We had a great time. Emma fell asleep on the boat and got a little nap in. She loved the freezing water and playing in the sand. I got to ride the wave runner for a minute. And we all got to eat junk food the whole day. It was also nice to have Emma's Aunt Carly and Aunt Annie there. They were so willing to play with her that Quinn and I got a little break. Thanks Guys!!









Beach Bums!

Our last day was Sunday. It was very beautiful and we had a nice quite day. We were also very lucky that Emma took a nice long nap and then still slept the whole 2 1/2 hour ride home. Quinn was so worried about the drive he actually bought a portable DVD player because I had forgotten to borrow one, but we didn't end up using it.

Grandma and Emma having some quiet time Sunday morning.

What a cute family!

We love you Grandma and Grandpa!

The Fam!

Emma decided it was time to go and packed herself while was packing everything else!

2 comments:

HDVB said...

What a fun trip! I'm so sad that we weren't able to join you guys! Thanks for taking lots of pics and posting them! WE LOVE EM!

Joanne said...

Glad to see you had so much fun!! I tried the air martress + infant combo once. Yeah, that sure doesn't work!!