Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Church History Museum

I took the kids to the Church History Museum by myself for the first time and probably won't do it again for a while since Emma was lost for about 5 minutes. She had been playing on Nephi's boat with some kids, I turned my back to chase after James and when I turned back around she was gone. I circled the rooms several times until I realized she wasn't there anymore. I finally found her coming up from the basement (I had been on the 2nd floor and had gone to the 1st floor to make sure she hadn't left the building). Another Mother had found her when she fell and got hurt on the escalator. So now I'm scared to take her any where. She didn't know she was lost and wasn't scared. She just wanted to keep playing with those kids. Now every time I try and talk to her about how scared I was and why it was wrong to leave my sight she cries because she remembers being hurt not lost. Oh well, I am supposed to go to the zoo tomorrow with friends. Hopefully we can keep track of all 7 kids.

Here are a few pictures. When will my children look at the CAMERA?

Emma got to color a picture of this stain-glass window



Fishing off Nephi's boat.







She is getting better at twirling that skirt.

1 comment:

The Powell Family said...

I think the Zoo was a pretty good time, and Emma only got lost once right? Hang in there.