Tuesday, March 13, 2012

5k Success

Saturday March 10th I ran my first 5k race (3.1 miles) The race went really well. I think I chose a good one for my first race. It was completely flat and we got to run on a sidewalk. I felt so good I even finished at a better time then I thought was possible. I ran it in 28 mins. and 30 secs. I was running 10 min miles on the treadmill so I was very happy to come in faster than that especially since I hadn't been able to run much the last three weeks because of a never ending sinus infection. Thank goodness it was finally gone by race day.Pre-race
Look at her go!
Quinn's Dad came along to cheer to and was nice enough to run a little ways with me so I could have a drink along the race and not have to carry it with me.
The finish!
I beat Quinn to the finish. He and the kids were out cheering me on and thought they would have time to get to the finish before me but I stepped up my pace. I could have slowed down so he could get a picture of me coming across but I decided I wanted a good time.
After the race we let the kids play at the fun playground they have there.
We also went over and fed the ducks.

Then it was off to celebrate with some ice cream.
Now I just have to keep myself motivated to do another race.
I would like to do the one here in Woods Cross on Memorial Day.
***Just found out I place 43rd out of 190!***

6 comments:

Jill said...

congratulations! Be careful - it's addicting! :-)

THE BIBBER BLOG said...

Wow - so proud of you. Way to go girl!! Love mom

HDVB said...

Awesome! You go girl!

The Powell Family said...

Great job! I wish I had the umph to run a single mile....maybe someday.

Garrett B said...

Nice job--nothing like a race to give purpose to those training miles. It's funny how in the middle you think "Why am I doing this?" and when you're done you think, "When can I do that again?"

HDVB- daniel said...

Wow, has a Van Bibber ever run that much? Seriously though, great dedication. We could all use some of your motivation.