Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Memorial Day

I started my Memorial Day by running my 2nd 5K race bright and early. My goal was to just beat my previous time of 28:30 and I did that. I ran the race in 27:21 and Quinn and the kids made it to the finish line to cheer me on, they even had signs.


Thanks for the nice surprise and all the support Quinn and kids.


Then we had a great pancake breakfast.


Exploring the Fire Trucks and the Life Flight helicopter with some friends.




.
Sadly Uncle Kyle was at the Fire Station and not able to fly in with Life Flight.
Then it was off to Cherry Hill for some mini-golf.

These pictures clearly show how our kids golf. Emma only half pays attention but will occasionally hit a ball from wherever she is inclined to place. James on the other hand roamed free and climbed on everything. We were those parents who didn't care as long as we could see him.

Where's my ball Dad? (He placed it in the window of a castle never
 to be found again several holes back but only just now noticed it was gone.)
Grandma, Grandpa, Christian

Sarah, Nicole, Angie

Diane, Tanner, Shawn

The whole Lavender crew minus Kyle and Loren.



A quick trip to the cemetery to end the day.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Congratulations on your race! Looks like a fun Memorial Day!

THE BIBBER BLOG said...

WAY TO GO 5K RUNNER!! Congrats, love Mom

HDVB- daniel said...

Great pictures. Thanks for posting.