Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Monster!!

Well it is official. There is no longer a sweet little boy living in our home. He is now been possessed by the monster that tends to show up just before children turn three years old. It has been two weeks of tantrums, pouting, growling in my face, scowling, crying at the smallest thing, and waking up screaming from naps and in a horrible mood. I really hope I survive this because my patience is really thin right now being almost 9 months pregnant. Timeouts seem to have no effect. He goes in timeout and stays there just fine and then goes right back to the bad behaviour. He is also getting very aggressive. He throws toys (big ones that hurt) and hits everyone in swinging distance. Emma is taking the brunt of it. I was not expecting this kind of behaviour until after the baby is born. I hope we both survive. I miss my sweet boy!

3 comments:

TheRocks said...

Good luck! Wish I lived closer to come steal him away to give you a break!

The Powell Family said...

Ah the joys of parenting! Try to make extra special effort to love him, hugs, kisses, cuddling. Try to never let him get bored. Those are the only things I have found to be helpful with my little monster. I think they can sense a change coming and see we are tired and not giving as much attention and affection. Hang in there! Call me if you ever just need to talk.

HDVB said...

:( ditto Carly!