Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Memorial Day Weekend Fun and More

Memorial Day was spent doing very familiar activities. I ran the 5k race and this time Emma biked it! She said it went well and I'll have to take her word because she was up ahead with friends. The race for me seemed really really hard but I still ended up finishing at around 31 minutes. Not sure how. I missed my running partners, two were camping and one was really far ahead of me (I can't keep up with her long legs). The race ran by our house this year so Quinn wrote us a message in the street. It said Go Emma and Laura! Sorry I'm still asleep.  Unfortunately we didn't see it. Emma was going to fast and I was on the sidewalk right then throwing my jacket over the fence. Thanks honey!



After a yummy breakfast the kids tackled the climbing wall. Emma tried several times and almost made it to the top. She did so well. James didn't try very hard and therefore only made it a few feet off my ground. Oh my cautious child - just go for it!



 




Then it was time for some bowling fun with the Lavenders. We all had a great time but we need to say a big thank you to cousin Sarah. She helped Mia bowl her games and was so sweet with her. Sarah didn't want to re-injure her finger so this was perfect. Thanks Sarah!




Courtney will officially be part of our family in Sept. She and Tanner and engaged. Congrats guys!


Knowing our aquarium pass was about to expire we went several times toward the end of May. We have loved going there this past year but we are excite to try something new. 


With Owen, Dylan and Aunt Carly


With friends Kate and Xander




No comments: