Monday, September 8, 2008

What a Week!

Well, last weekend was Labor Day. I really wanted to go to Bear Lake like we normally do, but Emma has not been sleeping very well (she's teething and wants to play not sleep) and both Quinn and I were exhausted. I thought we could be tired at home or we could be tired at Bear Lake. So I decided we should go at least for one night maybe two and Quinn will just have to go along with it. So Saturday morning we packed the car and headed to Bear Lake. Emma did great in the car and was happy until the last ten minutes. We spent the afternoon at the beach until the wind came up. It was fun and Emma enjoyed the water again but was not able to go for a boat ride. The last I heard was that Dad was not going to take the boat and so I didn't pack Emma's life jacket (our car was full enough), so we missed out on that because he did take the boat. But we still had fun. As you know a storm was headed our way that weekend. We were lucky enough to stay in Grandma and Grandpa Moore's small trailer, we figured we would only be there one night and it was not worth it to set up the tent. In the end we were very grateful to be in the trailer because the wind blew so hard that night. We didn't get any rain but the wind rocked that little trailer for several hours and lucky for us Emma slept through the whole thing. The wind stopped blowing about 2:30 am. Quinn and I were not lucky enough to sleep through it were still awake at this time when Emma decided she had had enough of her playpen. She wanted to join us on our bed which was already a tight squeeze for Quinn and I. If we had been smart we would have put her play pen away and one of us could have slept on the folded down table and the other with Emma on the bed. But at 2:30 am you don't think that clearly and so we toughed it out the rest of the night with out much sleep and a crying/restless baby.

Our Beach Baby!

The next day, Sunday, Emma finally crashed for some good naps, but was still not her happy self. We decided to pack up and head home. I'm sure glad we did because the real storm came through just as we were packing the car. It got cold fast and all the way home Quinn drove through a down pour. I wouldn't know because I just could not keep my eyes open. Thanks you Quinn for getting us home safe. As we pulled into the drive way Quinn said there is someone in our house. It was his parents, the storm had knocked out their power and they were tired of sitting in the dark so they came over and were watching a movie, not expecting us until the next day. They stayed for a little while to play with Emma before we all collapsed into bed exhausted and thank goodness Emma slept the rest of the night.

Emma and Her Daddy at 4:00 am.

Our tired girl!

We finally got a smile out of her though.

Not our normal happy girl.

Well we did recover and Emma had her 9 month check up on Tuesday. The doctor said her night waking is probably just a bad habit and not her teeth so much and said we probably just need to retrain her. So that night when she woke up at midnight I went in to make sure she wasn't stranded standing up which she was and laid her back down after a quick love and walked back out. She then proceeded to scream at the top of her lungs (she was used to being rocked back to sleep because we thought she was in pain from the teeth). She would scream for a few minutes and then stop and wait and listen to see if we would come in and scream some more and then stop and wait and listen. She did this for an hour and then finally went back to sleep. And since then she has only woken up a few times but cried for just a minute before going back to sleep all on her own. Yeah! I hope we fixed the problem. Well see.

Thursday was my 27th birthday. I took the day off work, because you never work on your birthday. That night Quinn took me to dinner and to see the movie Mamma Mia. You have already heard his review but I enjoyed it very much and thought it a fun movie. Thanks for putting up with it Quinn, you are a great husband. Quinn gave me a new stereo for my car. My CD player has been broken for the last few months and I'm tired of the radio and the one CD that was stuck in it. The new one is great. He also gave me all four books of the Twilight series, I had been borrowing my sisters before and I'm very happy to have my own to read whenever.

The Birthday Girl!


Friday was our monthly Mommy and Me play date. We headed to Hogle Zoo in Salt Lake. Most of us had not been to the zoo in ten years so it was really fun and the kids all enjoyed it. Emma was able to see some of the animals but she really enjoyed the carousel.

Eating lunch.

A white alligator, one of only ten in the world.

The Elephants.

The baby giraffe was so cute.

The carousel.

Saturday we celebrated my birthday with my family after a bike ride on the the Ogden River Parkway. Even though it was my birthday celebration we still had to watch the Utah football game for everyone else. Go Utes!

Then on Sunday we celebrated my birthday and both of Quinn's brother's birthdays with his family. We ate way too much but are finally catching up on some sleep. Thanks you Emma.

What a Week!!

1 comment:

HDVB said...

Hey you guys, this post was great!...but we are in desperate need of some more Emma pictures. We miss her (and by her I mean all of you too) so much. It looks like she has grown a lot in the last month and a half that we have been gone.
-daniel.