Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A winter song by Quinn

Words by Quinn Lavender
Music by Jule Styne



O the weather outside is snowing
And I can’t see where I am going
And even though traffic’s slowed
He’s off the road! She’s off the road! I’m off the road!

I was cautious when the sports car tried to pass --
So how’d I get high-centered on an overpass?
To the sports-car-driving clown:
“Slow it down! Slow it down! Slow it down!”

When I finally get dug out
And my car gets pointed the right way
Before I get back en route:
A plow covers my car with its spray…

So the next time the snow starts falling
And work or church or family is calling
I’ll avoid those roads so slick…
And call in sick! Call in sick! Call in sick!

1 comment:

M2QC said...

I love it! That's my motto too! That or, "Sorry, got this baby." (Jack Handy shoutout)