Monday, December 15, 2008

Results of the fast food Showdown Royale...with cheese

Thanks to all to participated in this random match-up. The response was so great that I actually had to tally the votes on paper.


I wanted to give my two cents on the matter, which are: The Burger King costumed mascot guy is actually quite creepy, and I'm really surprised that nobody mentioned this. There was also no discussion about how a Queen trumps a King in chess, as well as in household matters, unless the king is Henry VIII. But this isn't Henry VIII, this is the Burger King. Come to think of it, I'm not exactly sure exactly what line of authority these two oligarchs claim. Wouldn't it be interesting if the Burger King and the Dairy Queen married and had a child? That would be one powerful prince or princess. Now, where was I? Oh, yes: the deciding factor for me is the fact that Dairy Queen sells Picadilly Chips, and you just can't find those anywhere else -- even in restaurants that sell "Fish and Chips" and then mock you by bringing out Fish and French Fries. So thanks, Dairy Queen, for keeping it real.


Taking my vote into account, though, the tally is as follows:

Undecided: 2

Dairy Queen: 3

Burger King: 5


There was also one misguided individual who voted for Arby's despite the fact that this was a fast food royalty showdown, and last I checked, an "Arby" was not a position of regality or nobility.


Burger King: You ARE the winner.



Creepy.

3 comments:

HDVB said...

hahahahah - Touche!

Quinn and/or Lauralee said...

Hannah -- I do agree that Jamocha shakes are great, but you have to read the poll question carefully. I hope you've learned a valuable lesson :)

Quinn

PAW said...

Jason would vote for Dairy Queen if for nothing but the frozen hot chocolate he got hooked on living in Cedar City. And if they don't know how to fix it, he will tell them. Madison found that the DQ in Cave Junction in Oregon made the best she's had, but the manager had to look up the recipe in his office before he fixed it :-)

Aunt P -- who will eat at either one !