Monday, April 18, 2011

Help - I need decorating advice!

This weekend Quinn got me some new book shelves to fill a corner in out living room. As a bonus it hids the crack in the wall and some holes left by the previous owner that we never fixed because I'm just not ready to paint this big room yet. So I need some help deciding how to paint them. Quinn would leave them as is but I think not. The room itself is pretty neutral. The walls, carpet and couches are all about the same color. All the accents colors are an off or antiqu white like the mantel. I have other dark furniture in the room like the piano and the curio cabinet. I would like to start bring in more color like read and blue which I have pulled a little from two pictures in the room.








Here is my piano.


The t.v. cabinet and toy bin are a dark brown almost black color.



I plan on painting this end table but I'm not sure about the curio cabinet.

I also plan on painting the top of this coffee table black and putting a gloss on it to make is shine and prevent stains. I will keep the bottom light I think matching the mantel.

No comments: