Thursday, December 4, 2014

Fall Break in St. George

Toward the end of October Emma had 2 days off of school so I decided to head to St. George Wednesday after school with just me and the kids. This was the first time I had made the drive all by myself. I don't know how Carly does it all the time. The kids were really good but I wasn't able to hand them anything or change the CD whenever they wanted or put in a movie for them at the drop of a hat. The road was also very busy with everyone else making the trip down too so traffic was slow! The worst was stopping at the Burger King in Fillmore. Never again will I stop there. There was nothing fast about this fast food restaurant. The place was busy but we waited over 30 minutes for our food! It was awful. The kids were cranky (me too) and wild and Mia refused to sit still and the high chair I managed to snag didn't have a working buckle. So I ended up holding her very heavy body while she tried to get out of my arms for those 30 minutes too. I couldn't let her walk around because it was too busy and didn't want to loose the table we had snagged as well. I did have to ask the nice lady next to us to watch Emma and James and our table while I went to the bathroom to change Mia. Worst meal ever!

Okay rant done - the rest of our trip was pretty good. We had a great time at the park, visiting Staheli Farm, at the children's museum and playing in the water. The weather was great. Carly and I stayed up way too late talking. And snuggling a very cute baby was heaven!

The kids did fight and get on each others nerves and mine but we were off schedule, all in one room and not getting enough sleep. So overall a great time but we were ready to be back in our own beds and have Quinn back. I'm sure Carly enjoyed the peace and quiet once we were gone. Thanks for letting us come Carly and for the very fun weekend!

The drive home was great, made it in only one stop (not Fillmore) and thanks to having enough snacks didn't have to stop for dinner.

At the park.

.
Staheli Farm was so much fun with it's petting zoo, hay ride, pumpkin patch, maze, rides, slides, swings and so much more.









Wicka Dee was so fun and cute. She made a witches brew that everyone got to taste.



We love the children's museum, the post office and grocery store are the kids favorites.


Out to lunch - cute cousins.


It would have been too cold for me in the water but the kids loved it!


Such a cute boy!
Miss you all!

No comments: