Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The Blessing Day

Well, it has been a busy weekend. Saturday was Quinn's birthday - the old man is now 29! It also happened to be the day of President Hinckley's funeral but we attended my cousin Eric's baptism instead of watching it and then on Sunday we blessed Emma in our ward and had everyone over for lunch afterwards. Quinn did a really nice job on the blessing and it was great to see all our family. We had the lunch at our house and we think we hit the maximum capicity for our house. Every spare inch of space on the the main level was full. Sunday turned out to be snowy for every part of the state but Woods Cross, so a few family members and friends decided not to venture out and we don't blame them. Had they showed up I don't know where we have put them. I guess we will just have wait until it's warm to have any family gatherings at our house. Quinn and I would like to thank everyone for coming, it was a really nice day.

Sunday also turned out to be the Superbowl. This year we decided to stay home and watch the game instead of going to Mom's for a party since we already had a party for Emma. Quinn was very happy to relax and enjoy the game and pleased that the Giants won. I however relaxed on the couch with a good book (Harry Potter #7) and Emma slept. She needed it after being passed around earlier. All in all it was a good day.

This is Emma with Aunt Hannah and Uncle Daniel at the baptism, she is wearing the dress that they brought back from their honeymoon for her for the first time.

Quinn on his birthday with his Dwight Schrute bobble head. He is still waiting for his main gift, a Nintendo Wii, I can't find one anywhere.

The proud parents.

Our darling Emma. The blessing dress she is wearing is the one that my Great-Grandfather bought for me to wear. The dress was also worn by both my sisters and my two cousins. I thought it would be nice because I was the first grand-daughter to wear it and she will be the first great-grand-daughter to wear it.

Daddy made Emma a sign to hold.

2 comments:

M2QC said...

She's beautiful. Congratulations! And also, Go Giants!! :) Mary

Jill said...

Love the dress! She is adorable. It sounds like you had a nice day -sorry we missed it!