Thursday, February 21, 2008

A New Friend!

Last week Emma and I went to Ogden to have lunch with Grandma Van Bibber and then to visit my friend Melissa and her son Dallin. It was so nice to sit and visit for a few hours and talk with another adult, but of course all we did was talk about babies. Oh well we still had fun. Dallin will be two in June and is getting a new baby sister in May. Melissa and her husband Danny were happy to have Emma over to let Dallin get a chance to get used to a baby having a little of their attention. And boy was he a little jealous at times. Melissa decided to feed and hold Emma and he was right there trying to climb up on her lap. But he was so cute when Danny got on the floor to play with them both. Dallin tried to put Emma's binky back in her mouth.

Well yesterday was my first day back at work. Grandma Van Bibber came down to stay with Emma. It was not that hard to leave because I knew she was in good hands and I want her to develop a relationship with her grandparents. It was nice to get away and use the other part of my brain for awhile but I was very glad to get home and see her smile again. I'm so happy that I only have to work two a week and know that on the other day her and her dad will have fun together.

Emma is now three months old and up until now has still been sleeping in our room next to the bed. I like being able to hear her breathing and she doesn't bother us one bit, but I decided it was time to move her to her crib in her room since she has been sleeping an average of 7-8 hours a night. So last night I got her down at 11:00 pm in her crib and went to bed with my baby moniter expecting her to wake up several times and wonder where she was and why she was all alone but she didn't. I fact she slept for 9 1/2 hours straight. I couldn't believe it. It was so nice to wake up refreshed. What a good baby I have.

Danny, Dallin, and Emma

"Binky"

Dallin

Emma is helping me decorate sugar cookies for Valentines Day!

Emma launch herself over her boppy this time and even though she was not happy, I had to run and get the camera and take a picture before rescueing her.

Emma will hold a rattle if you put it in her hand!

No comments: