Tuesday, September 1, 2009

August?

I can't believe August is over already and I haven't posted a single thing. I don't know where the time goes. We have been a little busier. I also picked up and extra day at work while one of my co-workers is on maternity leave so that hasn't helped either. Emma is still growing like crazy. She is turning in a two year old as well. One minute she is all cute and lovey and the next she is yelling at me because I didn't do something exactly right. We didn't do much in August. No trips anywhere except the park and to Farmington Pond last Saturday to feed the geese and to let Quinn go letter boxing. Here are some pictures from the last month.

One of Emma's favorite books. The monkeys keep telling each other, "Shh, don't wake up Momma". So that's what she's doing.

Emma loves to look at books.



At the park with Aunt Carly!

Nice shades!

Emma loves Winnie the Pooh. I dug my Eeyore out of a closet for her and she loves it.

Can't get enough Pooh.

At Farmington Pond feeding the very hungry geese.



Happy Girl!

Quinn found one of his letterboxes.

An unhappy girl because she couldn't climb down with Dad. She just sat and pointed and kept calling his name till he came back up.

Some nice horses but a little too close for Emma's comfort level.

And we have a runner!

And a climber - she is trying to climb in to get Pooh. Luckily she hasn't tried to climb out of the crib yet.

Emma loves to look at pictures of our family.

Emma's closet is one of her favorite spots. If she is hiding - then this is where she will be.

She loves to take books in there, close the curtains and read.

Watch out for the closet ghost!

6 comments:

HDVB said...

Oh I love all the pictures! THank you for posting them! Emma is such a doll and we miss you guys SO Much! I can't wait to see ya next week!

HDVB- daniel said...

I echo my wife's comments above. Thank you for posting the pictures. We love seeing them.
Can't wait to see you next...oh ya I don't get to come home. See you in December :(

Sally said...

Cute little family!!! I must say that I didn't know what "letter boxing" was until I saw the picture. My mind was imagining Quinn walking through a park and pretending to fight or "Box" at letters. That would have been a simple thing to imagine Quinn doing. That is not too far from trying to kick rocks between someones foot as they walk beside you (mission inside joke).

PAW said...

Okay kids .... it's almost the end of 2009 and you still have a 2008 photo on your front page.

The Powell Family said...

So when Emma is at home, does she ever wear clothes??? ;-)

Cute pictures....anything else exciting? Hey we need to get together once more this month. I will be moving about the 21st so we have to do it before then. Call me if I don't call you first.

Quinn and/or Lauralee said...

I do want to state for the record that Emma usually does wear clothes at home. When I first saw this post I thought "Oh no, everybody's going to think we're raising a redneck!"

Quinn