Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Life with a Toddler

Life with a toddler is never boring. On Sunday morning Emma woke up with red raised bumps on her legs and it was very clear she had been itching them because her skin was broken in places where she had scratched so hard. We kept her home from church and put anti-itch cream on to see if that would solve the problem. When she woke up from her nap that afternoon they had spread to her arms and face. So we quickly headed to the insta-care where we found out she had hives.

We think it is from something she ate. We went to a friend's open house on Saturday and Emma very quickly spied the cookies and ate some up. I believe one of them had macadamia nuts in it. So that might be the allergy but we're not sure. The doctor also suggested going back to the baby detergent and other things like that because she also has some eczema. Benadryl quickly made Emma feel better after we forced it in her mouth.

So that was Sunday. Yesterday after work I had some phone calls to make. During one of my calls I discovered Emma in the bathroom. I had left the door open by mistake. She had a cup full of toilet water. Normally I would only have been disgusted if she had drunk any but our toilet has an auto bowl cleaner in the tank. I don't think she had drunk any yet but I called poison control just to be on the safe side. They were very nice and told me not much chemical is released out of those and to just give her some milk to drink and watch for any signs of sickness.

I'm happy to report that nothing came of it and the hives are gone. Yeah! Now if we can just survive the rest of the week we should be good.

2 comments:

The Powell Family said...

I must say yes you have an active little girl but just you wait until you have your little boy. It is only going to get more exciting from here on out!!! Curel also is very helpful for the eczema. Johnny has Tom's skin issues so he has had eczema from the get go and Curel does wonders for him.

HDVB said...

hhahah - I love it! and I miss you guys!