Saturday, May 8, 2010

Emma's first haircut!

This week I took Emma to get her very first haircut. I knew she was going to be difficult so I took her to a place called Cookie Cutters that is just for kids and forked out the big bucks. When we got there she got to pick which car she wanted to sit in and pick a movie to watch. She choose the pick car and a Sesame Street video. Things were going well until the lady put the plastic cap thing on her. Then she started to freak out. She pulled it right off and started climbing out of the car. After I forced her back in and buckled her this time she was satisfied with a sucker. There is nothing like sucking on a sucker while getting your hair cut - yuck! She did okay from there as long as I didn't talk to her. At one point I made the mistake of saying what a big girl she was and that getting your hair cut isn't that bad. Well it distracted her from the video and she almost started to cry. Once I stopped talking to her she did great and the cut looks really cute. When she was done they gave her a balloon and she got to play on the slide they have.

Her pink car!

The before shots.



The after shots.

What a cutie! (It looks much better in person.)

My only regret was I forgot to grab the little bit of hair the girl cut off for the baby book. Oh well.





2 comments:

Sarah F said...

The baby book? I gather that stuff for cloning purposes.

HDVB- daniel said...

Great pictures, thanks for posting.