Monday, November 8, 2010

She Revealed Her True Feelings For Me

Emma is at an age where she is constantly testing boundaries. Sometimes this is cute, but often times Laura and I end the day just breathing a big sigh of relief that she is asleep and therefore not causing any trouble.


Oh, and the diarrhea.....oh my gosh, the diarrhea....


Anyway, yesterday was one of those tiring days where my patience had worn thin and I had repeatedly gotten upset with Emma. As I sat with her in her room reading bedtime stories, I guess I got a little philosophical with her and launched into a monologue explaining my frustrations but also that I was sorry for getting so upset with her. I figured it didn't mean a whole lot to her, but it did make me feel better. I ended with "I really do love you, sweetheart."


To which Emma immediately responded: "I really do love .... Clifford the Big Red Dog."








I love him too, but I can't say my feelings weren't hurt just a little bit.

Quinn

2 comments:

THE BIBBER BLOG said...

Your feelings were hurt!?! Get used to it, wait until they are teenagers. No they always "love" you, they just "like" other people/things more somedays.

Garrett B said...

It was Emma's way of saying, "Let's not make this all about you."

PS: I can't begin to tell you all the reasons I hate Clifford.