Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The BYU Bandit

I'm a pretty devout University of Utah football fan, so it's not entirely a coincidence that the Christmas lights I put up on the house every year are all red.

I went to my dad's house to watch the Utes play their bowl game (where they got throttled by Boise State, unfortunately.) When I returned home after the game, I found that an unknown BYU bandit had replaced one of my red Christmas lights with a blue one. Touche, I thought.

But it was late, and dark, and cold, and I didn't want to leave a single blue light hanging over my garage, and I began to get annoyed at the fact that the BYU Bandit had probably stolen the red light, meaning that I was stuck with a blue light or no light at all.

To my pleasant surprise, the BYU Bandit had lovingly placed the red light in a baggie and left it on my porch.

I've approached several possible BYU Bandit suspects, but haven't yet been able to ascertain the bandit's identity.

But kudos to you, BYU Bandit, for your sense of humor (and appropriate timing) as well as your manners. You're totally classy.

Quinn

2 comments:

HDVB said...

hahaha, thanks for posting, made me smile!

Garrett B said...

If it were me, the blue bulb would have been for Boise State. Sorry, sucker.