Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Week 8 - How much longer?!?

Sunday was spent relaxing, having church and playing games.

Star Wars Angry Birds

Red was caught binge eating.

James has just decided he doesn't need to wear shoes.

One of our activities for church was walking along a path picking up and discussing things that bring us closer to Heavenly Father and Christ.




Leading the music

James found two recipes in the friend magazine and we had the ingredients to make them. Taco dip and apple nachos. 

Games get real serious around here.



 First it was Trash Pandas and then Dos. 


Monday - Apparently Monday was either amazing and we were having so much fun that I was too busy to take pictures or it was the same old same old and I was just surviving the day. I can't remember what happened that day so I'm assuming it was the later.


Tuesday - After school work, a workout and lunch I made the kids get out of the house for a bike ride. We decided to ride in a big loop over to the track station, past the school and to Grandma's house. The girls went with it once we got going but Grumpy James protested by going as slow as he could without falling over the entire way! I was that Mom yelling at him to come on, keep up and get going! Not even a treat from Grandma was enough. He was still so mad that he went straight home with stopping to say hi. The girls and I had a nice visit with her outside 6 feet away and went home with a treat.

Mia did silly walks around the car while we visited.

Wednesday - I walked in the morning while the kids did school work. It seemed to take Emma and Mia longer than normal today. Not much focusing going on. Then I had a video chat with a few friends about Come Follow Me. Love those ladies and all their insights and ideas on how we can do better at this home church thing. The kids jumped on the bouncy house for a bit before dinner. After dinner we played a game and popped popcorn on the stove for the first time. It was really good and I didn't burn it. I think we will make it that way from now on.




These girls are pros at delaying bedtime.

Thursday - This morning I got to do something different! I was able to help Mrs. Garner one of the 6th grade teachers by doing to Office Depot and getting laminating sheets from the PTA to help her and the other teachers make yard signs for all the 6th graders. They love their students and just wanted to do something for them as they all move on to junior high next year. I've also been working with the principal on getting gift cards from Doordash and yard signs for all 70 staff members of the school for teacher appreciation week. Not much but nice to get out and talk to a few people at the school. Quinn went in to work the last 3 days and the last 2 of last week. He thought he was just going to be back there from now on with the partial opening of our state but his work said nope. We still want you working from home as much as possible so today he's back down in the basement. Mia got to do some homework outside this afternoon. So thankful the weather is so nice!





Friday -  I was back at the school this morning for a couple of hours laminating 6th grade signs. And that night Emma helped me deliver teacher and staff signs in our neighborhood. So thankful we only have one more week of school. These and kids and I are so done!

Mia came down and asked Quinn how he was doing and he said he was cold. So she put a blanket around his shoulders.

Me trying to watch a show in peace alone.

Home made pizza for dinner.


Another game night - Spot it and Bananagrams.


Saturday - I got up and hiked up Muller Park Canyon to Elephant Rock with my good friend Pam (and the rest of Davis County). It was busy but so so nice. We love this hike. It's 3.5 miles to the rock. The trail continues on but 7 miles round trip is long enough. We hiked up in about 1.5 hours and then ran down in about 45 min. Toby loved it too! After some light house cleaning I laid down because my legs were done and sore. Quinn did the yard and the kids played. That afternoon we visited Grandma Lavender for Mother's Day. We got Zupas takeout for dinner and played a few games before sending the kids to bed so Quinn and I could watch a movies.

Proof we made it to the rock.

No comments: