Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Daddy/Daughter Day III; The Unnecessary Sequel

Just like Back to the Future III, The Godfather III, and Revenge of the Nerds III -- The Next Generation, the third week of Daddy/Daughter Day just wasn't as exciting as the originals. It started off badly when I struggled to get Emma to even go to sleep on Sunday night. Man, did she give me a hard time. It was as fussy as I've ever seen her be. Eventually though, all that crying, pacifier spitting, bottle rejecting, straining, and body stiffening (I love it when she does that; it's like a mini-temper tantrum right in your arms) tired her out, and she had no choice but to fall asleep. The next day, Monday, she woke up happy and calm. We ran some more errands and she was good the whole time but hardly napped. When I tried to get her to take her afternoon nap she was extremely resistant again, but luckily Laura came home from work and saved the day. My hero.

No comments: