Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Daddy/Daughter Day V

Over Easter weekend we got to see members of the extended family and some of them commented on our blog. In particular I took some ribbing for the fact that in a previous Daddy/Daughter Day post, I mentioned that among the errands I'd run was one to Michael's -- a craft store. Despite my best explanations for being there (e.g. I was buying a baseball card holder, or I was attempting to construct a pacifier holder and needed materials), my manliness was essentially called into question.

Yesterday, Emma and I went to Home Depot, Ace Hardware, and Napa Autoparts. Take that, naysayers!!!

What a great baby we have! Emma was in such a good mood yesterday. I couldn't even believe it. She was smiling when I got her up in the morning; she smiled when I put her in her car seat (unusual), she smiled when I ran all those errands with her; she even smiled during tummy time (even more unusual). She even smiled during The Great Diaper Blowout of 2008. That's right, right before Mom came home -- during tummy time actually -- Emma (excuse me for the unlady-like imagery) blasted two of the biggest farts a 4-month old could possibly muster. I didn't know it at the time, but what had occurred in that stinky moment was The Great Diaper Blowout of 2008. I will leave out most of the gory details from The Great Diaper Blowout of 2008, but I will mention the casualties: one diaper, one onesie, one romper, one blanket, seven wetwipes, one hand washing, one hand sanitizing, one baby wipedown, the remainder of the bottle of baby-stain remover, and about one-half hour. Oh, and while Daddy cleaned up after The Great Diaper Blowout of 2008, Emma fell asleep. With a little smile on her face.

There are no pictures of The Great Diaper Blowout of 2008, but here is a funny monkey picture:

1 comment:

M2QC said...

Hee hee...I'm sorry...snicker snicker...that's no fun...snort...You'll love it even more when it happens at church! Good luck - Mary