Thursday, April 24, 2008

6 things about me - Lauralee

I have been challenged by Challene Green to list 6 things that people may not know about me. Challene was challenged by someone else and she did this on her blog, she had so much fun that she posted a second list of 101 things about herself. I won't subject you to that but I will list 6 things so here goes:

1. While everyone in Utah played soccer growing up (Quinn included) I was a softball girl. I was not a soccer fan and still find it boring. I loved softball and wished I could have played more than one year in high school.




2. While in school I was the youngest person in my class. I started kindergarten in Idaho where the due date there is in October. When we moved back to Utah where the due date is September 1st it put me as the youngest in my grade because my birthday is Sept. 4th. I never minded until I was the last one to get my drivers license and to start dating. I'm glad though or I wouldn't have the great friends that I do today. I love my friends, here we are in our wedding dresses in 2007 just having fun. The Gang: Jessica, Brooke, Me and Melissa.


3. When I was about 10 or 11 I was able to visit Sea World for the first time. After that I decided I wanted to be a dolphin trainer. Well, as you know that didn't happen. But on my second trip to Sea World a few years ago I got to pet my first dolphin and loved it. It was my favorite thing of that trip.










4. I love to water-ski, that fact it known about be. For the last few years I have tried to get up on one ski and slalom. I was just never strong enough in my arms and hands to hang on. But the summer of 2006, during our last trip to Bear Lake of the year I did it. I got up. Unfortunately I don't know if I can still do it because the next summer I was pregnant and not able to ski at all.


5. I love to take pictures and wish I was a better photographer and had money to buy the best equipment. But I'm just an amateur. I did take a photography class at Weber State but the class focused on the developing part and not the taking picture part which is what I wanted. I don't plan on having a dark room in my house. It was still fun though.


6. Last of all, I am very proud to say that I was not sick one day while I was pregnant with Emma. I did not miss one day of work which is kind of a bummer, because when will I ever have a better excuse. I don't know what it feels like to nauseated or to throw up just from smelling something. I hope I will be this lucky with every pregnancy.

1 comment:

Living Green said...

You are so cute! I loved learning new things about you. Hey when Will and come back to Utah we should all get on a softball team.