Monday, June 2, 2008

Emma at Six Months

My baby is now six months old. We just recently went to her check up and she now weighs 19 pounds and is 27 3/4 inches long. That puts her in the 90th percentile for both. Needless to say I think she is getting enough to eat. We are now in the market for a new car seat. She is past the height and only a pound a way from the weight limit. We would love any recommendation on a convertible car seat if anyone has one that they love.

I know I post a lot about Emma but she is our life now, it's hard to imagine what it was like before her. We love being parents I must be really lucky because I don't really have any bad days. I hope I didn't just jinks myself there, but Emma really is the sweetest baby. She will still go to anyone who wants to hold her. She is very social even at this young age. She loves to use her voice and talks, coos, and squeals all day long.

She rolls over all the time now both ways and is very close to sitting up by herself. Her first tooth just came through on the bottom. Emma is still a wonderful sleeper at night and most of the time for naps. She loves being outside in her swing or on a blanket. She is still not too sure about the grass though.

She eats at least one meal of baby food during the day and very much wants to feed herself which as you can guess if very messy. Emma also very much wants to drink from a big person cup and actually does quite well - she has not mastered the sippy cup yet. She knows how to hold it and to bring it to her mouth but can't quite get the sucking action down yet, but this has made a great new toy and keeps her very entertained.

We LOVE our little girl!!!

What a mess!

A new toy - an empty bottle!


Now for a little bit about Me and Quinn. Quinn has started his new job and seems to like it. The company is smaller and so he should get to know everyone. They also seem to have a lot of activities to get everyone involved and make the work place more enjoyable such as: a summer slim down program with prizes, a weekly drawing if you wear a company shirt every Thursday, and a sign up to bring breakfast in every Friday. He is also hard a work keeping our yard looking great this year. We also try to go for a walk most evenings. As of right now he is relaxing after mowing the lawn by watching a Hockey game.

Emma and I had lunch with Quinn on one of his last days at Watson.


I have just emerged from a week of reading every spare minute and I'll admit minutes that should have gone to housework. Quinn is glad to have me back but I know I'll have some sympathy once I tell you what I was reading. I started the Twilight series again. I has been several months since I read them and they are just too good to put down. Well as soon as I finished those my sister brought me Stephanie Meyers new book The Host. I thought I was way down the list to get to borrow it. So I was surprised to get it so soon and just had to start it. I will admit that it took me about half way to get really into it, there is just so much detail and the story moved so slow in the beginning. But it was so worth it for the last half and looking back I really enjoyed it. I think part of the problem was that I was so into the Twilight characters that I had to adjust and learn to love these new characters and it just took me a while to do it. I highly recommend this book too!!

1 comment:

M2QC said...

She is so cute! We loved, loved, LOVED our Evenflo Triumph convertible car seat - it's in the garage right now if you want to take it for a test drive!