Friday, June 27, 2008

A rant about Windows...

Have you ever been running a few different programs in Windows (maybe even just one program) when Windows decides, much like the crabby old lady behind the counter at the DMV, that it has done enough work for the time being and it's not going to let you do anything? Of course you have, because it's WINDOWS!

This morning at work I had that happen to me. I was running Internet Explorer, Outlook, and Media Player, when Windows told me: "Oh no you DON'T!" Frustrated, I tried closing some of the windows, but to no avail. I tried clicking on them down on the task bar and closing them: also no luck. Finally I reverted to the old, reliable, "break glass in case of emergency," Ctrl + Alt + Del. We've all done this before, but what really irritates me about the process is this:



Guess what, Windows? I KNOW the program is not responding! If it WAS responding, I wouldn't have had to hit Ctrl + Alt + Del, would I? I would have just clicked on the magic little x in the corner and closed it all by myself!

Quinn

1 comment:

HDVB said...

Ya...but it is still better than trying to learn how to use a mac. I mean the mouse only has one button! How can I function without the left click. -Daniel