Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Sitting Up, Teeth and a Bike Ride

Well this is the second time I have tried to write this post. I was almost done the first time and Emma woke up from her nap (early) and would not go back to sleep so I brought her down and tried to type the last sentence with her on my lap. Well she lunged for the keyboard ingoring the toy in front of her and hit the magical combination to erase several paragraphs and photos. After lugging the exersaucer in from the other room she is now sitting beside me out of the way while I try to quickly retype this before we head off to the library.

Emma being 6 months now is sitting up pretty well on her own. She loves it. She is able to play better with some of her new toys. She is also right on track because her two bottom teeth came in this past week. I am very happy, she is normally a very happy easy going baby but these last two weeks she has been fussy and a little clingy. I have had to go up to room several times a night in the evening because she has woken up in pain. Luckily she is always deep asleep by the time I go to bed and is able to sleep the rest of night with no problem.

Emma also loves to be naked. She discovered her feet about a month ago and has since been trying to grab them and bring them to her mouth. Yesterday she finally suceeded. Yum! If she is ever fussy all I have to do is strip her down and that buys me atleast 15 minutes.



Our Big Girl!



Whoops!

Toes!

A beautiful sunset behind our house, isn't the refinery lovely too!!

Last Saturday Quinn and I went on a bike ride with my parents and Grandpa Moore. We left Emma with Uncle Daniel. Hannah was visting a friend but don't worry Grandma Zundel was just upstairs. Just kidding Daniel, you did a great job. Emma was sound asleep when we got back. Anyway we head to the Jordan River Parkway for our bike ride. Grandma Moore was going to join up too but just as we started she got a flat tire. Despite Dads efforts to fix it the hole was just too big and so she had a nice quiet afternoon while she waited for us at the park. We rode 8 miles and yes I can still walk, barely. We haven't ridden our bikes since Memorial Day 2007. The parkway was really nice. The weather was sunny but not too hot. I just wish the parkway was closer to our house.







2 comments:

Living Green said...

May I be the first to complement you on your killer biking gloves!

Jill said...

Emma just keeps getting cuter and cuter. Thanks for the pictures and updates...we love watching her grow.

Dallin seems to find the magic "erase everything" combination on my keyboard too...imagine the trouble they could get in together!