Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Quinn likens the scriptures

Last night Lauralee and I were reading in Mosiah chapter 11. Two things always stick out at me when I read this chapter:
1) What the heck is ziff?
2) King Noah's high priests have these special thrones with breastplates that they can rest their bodies on while they're speaking 'lying and vain words' to the people. I always thought it was funny that these guys were so incredibly lazy that they couldn't even hold their own bodies up.

This morning, at 3 AM, while I was trying to rock Emma back to sleep, I thought about that scripture again. I was exhausted and trying to get our baby girl to fall asleep again without falling asleep myself. I couldn't get comfortable in the rocking chair, and my head would start to bob as my body yearned for sleep. What I wouldn't have given for a breastplate, or perhaps a head rest or chin strap to hold my body up while I rocked our little girl to sleep. Today as I drag my tired butt around the office, I wish I had some sort of attachment to my office chair that would let me take a 30-minute power nap.

Noah's priests weren't lazy; they all had 1-year-olds who wouldn't sleep through the night.

1 comment:

HDVB said...

Hey if you find one...let me know. I just put my head down on my desk, but then everyone knows I'm sleeping.
-D