Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy New Year and the Sugar Bowl

2009 is finally here and I can't believe it. New Year's Eve was spent quietly for me at least. My little brother won tickets to the U of U basketball game that night so he took my Dad, Grandpa Z. and Quinn. The boys had a great time at a very exciting game. Well Mom didn't want to stay home alone (Anne had other plans) so she came down and spent the evening with me and Emma. Us girls went to Applebee's for a yummy dinner because there was no way we were cooking. Then we came home, put Emma down for the night and watched Pride and Prejudice the Keira Knightly version. It was good but not near as good as the 6 hour Collin Firth version. Once the boys got back they left and I went to bed. No reason to stay up late. I need all the sleep I can get. Although I did wake around midnight due the fireworks some neighbor was doing. So that was my exciting New Years.

The next day the family came again, this time everyone came including Daniel and Hannah as they were leaving the next day for Ohio. We needed to see them one last time. So we spent a couple hours playing Guitar Hero and had another blowout game of Pictionary. We are almost too competitive for that game, we get a little too loud, but had a great time.





The next day was the BIG DAY -- SUGAR BOWL DAY! Quinn had been waiting for this all week. I think he wore a U of U shirt everyday that week (yes he has plenty). We were invited over to our friends house, Joe and Katie. We arrived early to play Guitar Hero of course and then to watch the game and eat ourselves sick. Knowing that Emma would probably not last that long Quinn and I took separate cars and it was a good thing. When the game started the boys got so excited they were quite loud and I think it made Emma a little nervous. So Emma and I went home early. Quinn said the game was awesome and I'm sure He'll want to add in some comments here. I know I can't do it justice.

Emma, Quinn, Katie and Joe.


Emma of course had the right attire on for the game with her UTE overalls.

GO UTES!!

No comments: