Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Thanks for your help...I guess

The other day at work, I was away from my desk and working on a project in another area of the building. A co-worker of mine, who had recently been near my desk, walked by and said,

"Hey Quinn, someone was just at your desk looking for you."

"Oh, really? Who was it?" I asked.

"I'm not sure," she replied.

So apparently the fact that someone was looking for me was important enough to mention, but not important enough to actually find out who the person was or what they wanted.

However, not to be outdone, I had the following conversation with a Target employee later that same week:

Target guy (stocking shelves in the medicine aisle): "Can I help you find something?"

Me: "My wife has a sore throat. What do you recommend?"

Target guy: "Hmmm....I used Thermaflu the last time I had a sore throat and it seemed to work pretty well."

Me: "Great -- thank you." And I begin to compare the various Thermaflu flavors available.

Target guy: "Be careful which flavor you pick, though: one of the flavors is really gross."

Me: "Oh, really? Which one?"

Target guy: "I don't remember."

So I bought some Dayquil liquigels instead.

1 comment:

M2QC said...

Here's mine, at Target, before Christmas: Me: "Hi, do you have Iron Man in HD?" Target Guy: "Oh, I don't know, but it might be in the dvd section." This is the guy working at the electronics desk. Thank you SO much.