Thursday, March 5, 2009

Things I never thought I'd do

When you become a parent, things change so much. Sometimes, you might not even realize how much your life has changed until you sit down and make a list...
  • I never thought I'd be outsmarted by a babyproofed cabinet. We've had safety latches on our doors and drawers for months now. I've opened them 1,343 times, and I still forget they're there and nonchalantly pull them open only to have them yank out of my hand after an inch.
  • I never thought I'd do "The Diaper Dance."
  • I never thought I'd ever sniff another human being's butt (on purpose anyway). Now I do it just about every day.
  • I never thought I'd ever be relieved -- excited, even -- for another human being to have a bowel movement.

Quinn

6 comments:

Anne Van Bibber said...

I think we're all going to have to see the diaper dance!

Living Green said...

You are, apparently, forgetting a certain high-school event that involved 3 of the 4 of those. We learned a valuable lesson that day, I tell you

bjohnston said...

I am always slightly appalled at myself when I grab a booger right off a little person's nose, sans tissue.

Sarah F said...

"What's that spot?"
"Well, it's either chocolate or poo..."

Jill said...

consider yourself warned...the list just keeps growing as they get older.

PAW said...

Ummmmmmmmmmm, I can remember a couple of those when you were yet a babe !!!!