Tuesday, May 26, 2009

It's a Sabbath Day Miracle

Many of you are familiar with the story of the widow who fed the prophet Elijah. As a result of following Elijah's words, she was blessed with a barrel of meal that never emptied, and a cruse of oil that never went dry.

I have a magical suit coat pocket that never runs out of Cheerios. We only take a small cup of Cheerios to church each week, but when we get home, I somehow pull more Cheerios out of my pocket than we took with us in the first place.

Quinn


3 comments:

Bryn said...

I totally understand, it's that way with my purse and fruit snacks. You really shouldn't have to bring Cheerios to church because if your baby is anything like my girls were she'll just eat the left over Cheerios and raisins, and fishy crackers that are already on the floor from everyone else. There's more variety that way. A little dirt never hurt anyone.

M2QC said...

That's so cool. I found a $5 in my skirt pocket last Sunday - does that count?

Sarah F said...

We have the opposite issue: According to what I've distributed, we should still have plenty of treats to see us through the rest of church. But miraculously they're all gone. The cruse of oil is dry long before it should have been.

And then, like Bryn's kids, mine start scouring the pew for old raisins and goldfish.