Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Mothers Day and a Playdate!

Well as you can see it's time for an update. I have been spending all of Emma's naps working in my yard. It is coming along nicely and I will post pictures when it's all done. Today I weeded the garden and Emma helped. While I added weeds to the bucket she added little piles of dirt to it. But I'm okay with that, it kept her entertained and she wasn't pulling up anything that she wasn't suppossed to. She also did not eat the dirt or rocks this time so it was great.

Any way, I can now use her nap to catch up on the blog. Emma is growing like crazy and she thinks she is a big kid now and can do big kid things like climbing on things and then walking off them into your arms. She finally mastered the kitchen chairs, time to keep the table clear.



Mothers Day was great. Emma gave me a book (that I can read to her) that is all about mothers. And Quinn gave me the Shark steam mop. Don't freak out, I asked for it. I'm tired of mopping with a bucket and cleaner that I don't think works really well and often leaves the floor sticky. So I asked for the steam mop that only uses water. I finally had a chance to try it out last night and it was easy and work pretty well. Better than the mop I was using. So thanks, Honey.







Last Friday we had a playdate set up but, only Melissa and I ended up making it. We met at a park in Riverdale to let the three kids play. Emma is almost 18 Months and Melissa's daughter is just barly one but they think they are so big. They had to walk up the stairs by themselves and even tried to climb up the slides. We had a great time but missed everyone who was not able to make it.

The "big" kids!


They are so cute!






Emily and her big brother Dallin.

1 comment:

The Powell Family said...

Sorry we missed you. The wedding was good though. What happened to Brooke? She needed that day as much as anyone.