Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Week 6 - Can't think of a new and exciting title

Sunday - Well we are starting our 6th week or 35th day and it is starting to really wear on me mentally. I'm tired of trying to come up with ways to motivate Mia to get her work done quickly and not make it take all day and to get them off their screens and outside. I don't mind the no sports or other events to go to. We all miss friends. I just can't make my kids to piano lessons right now. I can't have the fight and one more thing to stay on top of so I just ask that they play for fun each day. We are starting to get on each others nerves even more quickly. Sunday morning especially when I asked James and Emma to prepare something to share out of the Friend and New Era. Emma totally freaked out and whined about how she just didn't know how. James just got it done. In the end they both did great and both lessons tied in nicely with each other and with the Come Follow Me lesson. After church and lunch we got outside for a walk around Bountiful Lake (pond). There were more people there than I expected but we walked around the pond on the path doing our best to keep away from everyone. It was a nice break from the house.

That evening I was able to go see Grandpa Moore and say goodbye. Since Mia's test came back positive for strep and we know it's not Covid-19 we thought it safe for me to visit with a mask on. I also didn't touch anyone but Grandpa. Mom and Dad picked me up and Daniel was with them. He had flown in the night before just to see Grandpa. He also wore a mask the whole time. He has been treating patients at the hospital with the virus so he took precautions. It was hard to Grandpa in pain. This was the most he'd been uncomfortable so Daniel asked some questions and suggested they call hospice and see about up-ing his morphine. There is no reason for him to be in pain at this point. He is so stubborn and strong that he keeps asking for his pants and shoes because he wants to get out of bed. He'd find a way to do it if he could. He has also mentioned some visitors from the other side of the veil. Not sure who but I hope he gets to see his first wife and two sons who passed away at age 6 soon. Grandma is holding up well considering but she is exhausted and not getting much sleep. Thankful for Aunt Peggy and now cousin Sheila who are so close and can help.

 Mia's Onward movie inspired van.

Toby waiting for Dad to drop some bacon and for someone to throw his toy. 

Church with stuffed animals.





A few of things we learned from Mosiah 4.








Monday - After school work we came outside to enjoy the nice weather. Quinn and I read and the kids bounced. They told me to take video because they were going to do something so funny it would win us the prize on America's Funniest Videos. I'll let you be the judge. 





Tuesday - Mia made a nest to sit in while she did her school work. Things are going better this week for her. Her teacher made some adjustments and changed up the assignments a bit so I'm no longer begging her to just power through and get it done. Yeah! I got James and Mia outside with me today for my walk after my workout. It was so nice. Emma said no way and was still doing her work. She is having trouble falling asleep at a decent time still so she sleeps in every morning and gets a later start. But her teachers have adjusted the 6th graders work load and things are going better for her too.
After Quinn finished work he got the kids outside for a silly string war and some baseball.


               

               

               




Wednesday - I headed to Walmart first thing to avoid crowds. James desperately needed new shoes. His toes were starting to poke out the top they were so so small and worn out. Thankfully I found some and they fit. I bought two sizes and the bigger size fit Emma and she liked them so win win for me I don't have to return anything. Her shoes were pretty worn too. School work took a bit longer because I wasn't home to help Mia and keep Emma on track but once we finished I continued working on my puzzle and the kids watched some Mickey Mouse cartoons. I picked up a fun outdoor pack full of bubbles from Walmart so I sent the kids outside to play while I went for a late walk with a friend - all while staying 6 feet apart from each other. Thankful we live in a neighborhood where we can walk in the street and be fine.

                 
 Mia being silly and my Lake Tahoe 1000 piece puzzle.

                 
Bubble fun!



I left my phone home on my walk and this is just one of the many videos I found on it.

Thursday - It must not have been very memorable because these are the only two pictures I got. I know we were tired and not in very good moods. We are all getting a bit tired of this and can't wait to go back to normal. James got to play Jeopardy for part of his school work. It was all about weather, since Quinn went into the office that day he had to play against me and he totally won.



Friday - School work, dog training, got the kids out for a bike ride on a beautiful day. Then they walked over to Grandma Lavenders for a treat and a little chat with her through her screen door. And I got about 30 minutes of peace and quiet. Each week James has gotten a letter from his primary teachers with a nice thought about this weeks Come Follow Me lesson and a spotlight on one of the kids in their class. This week was all about James. Then there is also an activity like a crossword puzzle, word search or recipe to make. He also got chalk shaped liked eggs on the week of Easter. They are the best teachers! This week it was a recipe for Secret Service Banana Bread. It said to add your own secret ingredient and then deliver one of the loaves to someone. So we did! James made the bread with my help and add peanut butter chips as his secret ingredient then we delivered it to his piano teacher along with and extra box of chalk for her girls. Then that night for our scripture study we talked about a mighty change of heart.




            

                 



Saturday - I was signed up for the South Davis Rec Center Recycle 5k race but since we can't run in big groups it was changed to a virtual 5k where we just run on our own and submit our time. I have not been running but all my walking must have helped because I was able to keep up with my friend and we got a great time. I spent several hours cleaning and Quinn did yard work. The kids played video games Legos. Mia did play outside with Barbies and I got my puzzle done. That night we picked up dinner and ate it at a park. I told the kids to pick a spot and they chose one in the trees. The park had an amphitheater so the kids put on a show. It was so nice to do something different!








Balancing on a stump.

Mia found the best stick ever!

Playing in the trees.





No comments: