Thursday, June 11, 2009

Playdate and an Afternoon out with Mom and Dad!

I'm still trying to get caught up. Emma and I have both been sick with colds this week but hopefully things are on the mend. Emma's last two canine teeth are almost in. Hooray! Life (and sleep) had better get back to normal soon. I don't function well on 5 hours of sleep a night. I feel like I have an infant again.

Oh, well we still manage to have some fun. Emma and I drove down to Alpine a few days after Monica's wedding to spend some time with my cousin Beth and her twins before they headed back to California. If was so nice to visit with her and swap "mom" stories. The girls also had fun exploring the yard and the next door neighbor's horse.

On the swing set.



Walking through the tall weeds and grass to go see the horse.



Beth is due the end of July with a boy!

Our little explorer, she didn't even mind that the grass was a tall as she was.

Trying to get all three girls to hold still the hammock, we were not that successful.



Then last week Quinn and I decided to hit the zoo one afternoon before the crowds of summer and the heat. Quinn can't even remember the last time he had been. We had a great time and Emma was much more observant of the animals than she was last September when we went.



Emma would not walk through this tunnel by her self.

One of the elephants is expecting a baby in July or August!

She was really nervous about this rhino!

This was one of my favorite things about the zoo as a kid and after a little help from me to know that it wasn't scary it became a favorite of Emma's too. She had to have a drink out of everyone we saw.



Studying the rams.

Still not old enough to realize this gorilla is not real.

Checking out the exotic birds.

She loved these because she could get really close and they were on her level.



She didn't really get it that I was allowing her to go play and get wet. I'm sure she'll pick up on it next time and I won't be able to drag her away.

1 comment:

The Powell Family said...

We should get Johnny and Emma together, they can stay up all night and be misrable together than maybe we can get some sleep. We took a tour of Ogden at 3:00 in the morning a couple of nights ago trying to get Johnny back to sleep after being up two hours. Good luck with the teeth hope it gets better for both of you!