Thursday, June 4, 2009

Where has May gone?

I can't believe May is gone already and I've been a slacker in posting this month. Quinn has sure been on a roll lately. He does assure me that he really does do some work when he's there. Anyways I need to catch up a bit. We had a busy Memorial Day Weekend. Saturday the 23rd was my Cousin Monica's wedding. She was a gorgeous bride and we are so happy that this day has finally come for her. The reception was in her parents orchard and the bride made all the desserts herself. She is a pastry chef back in Washington D.C. It was a very fun time.

Monica and Nate Fish

Monica and her sisters, Hannah, Jennifer and Beth

This was my kind of reception: a cotton candy machine!

Emma and Cousin Abigail playing in the beautiful tents.

Emma playing with her Grandpa Van Bibber!

Emma with one of Beth's girls - I'm not sure which twin this is - Bella or Lilly.

Emma had a blast playing tag with Grandma Van Bibber.

Memorial Day was even busier for us. We started out the day over at city hall for the Woods Cross flag ceremony/breakfast. Emma and I enjoyed the pancakes and eggs. We then got to go see Uncle Kyle and the Life Flight crew.

With Grandma Lavender and Cousins Christian, Sarah and Nicole.



Emma and Uncle Kyle



After breakfast we all headed up to Cherry Hill for some Mini Golf. The rest of the Lavenders joined us, the Non-Woods Cross ones, Shawn, Diane, Loren and Tanner. In our group was Quinn, Me and Grandpa. I'm pretty sure Quinn beat us solidly. Grandpa was nice enough to let Emma hit one of his balls and she thought it was so cool.











We then headed to Grandma and Grandpa Lavenders for lunch. Emma discovered a new game while she was there. Connect Four - love this game. It kept her entertained for a while. I think this will have to go on her b-day list.





We then headed to Salt Lake to my Uncle Mike's house. We were celebrating that he is now Cancer Free!! After stuffing ourselves on cake and other goodies (I kept finding Emma with cookies in her hands, she was finding them on tables left by other people) we headed over to Great-Grandma Zundel's house for more food, dinner.

< align="center">In the sandbox with cousins Alley and Heidi at Uncle Mike's Party.

Not sure how she got this off the table!

Playing ball with Dad.

Whew, we made it through the day with only a 15 min. nap for Emma. She did great!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

My kids LOVE Connect Four....AND Fresca! Small world.....

Sarah F said...

Quinn, is Emma wearing your merit badge sash in that second-to-last picture? Maybe I'm just seeing what I want to see.

Quinn and/or Lauralee said...

Yep, that's definately my merit badge sash. I was awarded the Botany merit badge 73 times.

Quinn