Tuesday, June 16, 2009

What a Weekend!

I was hoping to have some really great pictures to post of the Indian ruins at Hovenweep and Mesa Verde that we had planned to explore this weekend but....

instead we decided to just stay home and be sick. Earlier in the week I started to feel sick but thought it was just a cold and would go away. I even felt well enough to work on Thursday and then we planned to leave on Friday. Emma started getting sick on Wednesday with a minor runny nose nothing else. However this all changed Thursday night. Emma and I both got worse and we spent the whole night up with Emma. She would not sleep, her nose would not stop running. I started with more body aches and a fever and congestion, I was not sleeping either. Because we were all exhausted we decided we had better cancel and just stay home. No one wanted to deal with another sleepless night in a hotel room. I was a good thing we did because we were all up again Friday night. Quinn was such a trooper taking care of his sick girls. I don't know how he managed to not get sick himself, there were tissues everywhere. Thanks again honey, we love you.

We did get out for a few hours on yesterday, but I'll let Quinn blog about that because it's about another one of his hobbies.

But here are Emma's 18 Month photos finally:



5 comments:

THE BIBBER BLOG said...

Love the pictures, can't wait to get my copies - MOM V

HDVB said...

I'm sorry you were sick and missed Texas, but good 'ole Quinn seemed pretty "on top of it" when I called your house the other day ;)
We love the pics of Emma!
- daniel and hannah

TheRocks said...

LOVE the pictures!! She is the cutest little girl ever! So sorry you missed out on your trip!
Love ya!
Carly

Debbie said...

What cute pictures! She's growing up so fast!

H said...

Adorable pictures!! Wow--she's growing up so fast! :)