Thursday, December 24, 2009

Two Family Christmas Parties!

Well it is certainly that time of year for family to get together. Our first family Christmas party was for my Dad's fathers side. No matter what it never fails to snow on that day. This was Saturday Dec. 5Th, the day it snowed and the snow really only stuck to the roads. As we were driving along I-215 we counted at least 8 accidents with emergency vehicles. There were even several trucks that had rolled. Luckily we and all our family made it safely to the party where we enjoyed yummy food and a pinata for the kids.

Emma with the snowman pinata and my cousins Tiffany and Rachel.

Cousin Harley got a great swing in!

I think I have mentioned before that Emma LOVES snowmen and so when the kids started hitting it she got a little upset. She did however take one swing at it.

Once the snowman broke and candy came out I think she decided that it was all right.



We had another family party they next Saturday with my Mom's family. Quinn joined the family for bowling while I tried and failed to get Emma to take a nap at Mom's house. I didn't think bowling would be the best thing for me. Quinn said they had a great time even though he lost. After a great meal we played some games and then did our white elephant gift exchange which was a blast. Emma opened a book about pirates but by the end she was very happy to trade for a box of Ritz crackers.







Emma opening her pirate book.

Quinn ended up with this great Tikki mask which he thought was awesome.

Merry Christmas everyone and thanks for the fun parties!

No comments: