Wednesday, October 8, 2008

5 Things

Things I was doing 10 years ago:
1. Missionarying in Ecuador
2. Trying very hard to learn Spanish ("This doesn't sound like the Spanish I learned in MTC...")
3. I was just about to be transferred from the calm, wonderful, cool, clean mountainous area of Ecuador to the wild, hot, humid, dirty cities on the coast of Ecuador
4. Had possibly the worst haircut of my life at that time
5. Struggling at the news that my good friend Eric had just been in a terrible car accident and was not doing well

5 Things on today's to do list
1. Follow up with John and Kevin on the expired chemicals audit (code for: peruse espn.com)
2. Follow up with John and Kevin on the past-due calibration audit (code for: play online Scrabble)
3. Follow up with Thao on the Polymer B audit (code for: online banking)
4. Prepare for the upcoming audit of Purchasing/Manufacturing (I really do need to do this one)
5. Update the blog with Becky's "5 Things" Tag -- done!

5 Snacks I enjoy, unhealthy to healthiest
1. Double-Stuff Oreos
2. Regular Oreos
3. Reduced Fat Oreos
4. Fat-Free Oreos
5. Celery

5 Things I would do if I were a millionaire
1. Pay off house
2. Sound investment in Mid-Cap mutual funds. Just kidding. Lottery tickets! And lots of them!
3. Fill up both cars with gas
4. Go back to Europe. This time, I'd pay better attention. ("Why is that statue so famous? It doesn't even have arms.")
5. Buy a pet monkey, along with all the necessary pet monkey accoutrements


5 places I have lived
1. Woods Cross, UT (23 yrs) -- born and raised
2. MTC/Ecuador (2 years) -- mission
3. Centerville, UT (1 year) -- married/first apartment!
4. Woods Cross (again), UT (1 year) -- back at mom and dad's, but this time as housesitters
5. Somewhere else in Woods Cross, UT (3 yrs) -- first house!

5 places I have worked
1. Edwards Lifesciences -- home of the "Yours Alone" toilet seat cover
2. Watson Pharmaceuticals -- at least I got a free hat
3. Bountiful City Light and Power -- best farmer's tan I ever had!
4. Deseret Book -- our manager actually called it "the Lord's bookstore"
5. Leatherby's -- ice cream is great until you're covered fingertip to elbow in it


Submitted for your approval,

Quinn

3 comments:

The Beckstrom's said...

Just lovely

HDVB said...

ahaha..my favorite is the oreo's...Quinn, you're a nut!

Quinn and/or Lauralee said...

Quinn is a big fat liar, he does not like celery.