Tuesday, October 28, 2008

St George Trip

Well it has been a crazy two weeks as we prepared for my sister's wedding. On Friday the 17th Emma and I picked Quinn up from work and we headed to St. George. Emma was not feeling well and we had already spent an hour in the doctors office that morning. She was in her third day of running a fever but the doctor couldn't find anything wrong and the few things she tested for the results would take all weekend to get. So we decided to go ahead with our plans. I thought Emma would sleep the whole way, but her fever just made her miserable. She was really good despite not feeling well and we made it to my Grandma's in St. George. We were here because this is where Carly wanted to recieve her endowment. She has been attending SUU in Cedar City and her fiancee,Jeff Rock, is also from Cedar City.

Grandma and Grandpa Moore were so very nice and gave up their bedroom for us, hoping Emma would sleep better in there instead of in the living room. I am so grateful for them. I think this did help but she was still awake at 5:00 am. It was after we tried everything else that we finally moved her out of the playpen and into the bed with us. This has always scared me, I'm afraid I will roll over her, but we din't and she did get back to sleep. However, Emma is a very busy sleeper. She wakes several times and has to get comfortable again before going back to sleep. Eventually Quinn and I were able to get back to sleep as well. I officially feel like a Mom now because at one point Emma sat up and leaned back against me and fell asleep lying on my neck. There was no way I was going to move her and thought she couldn't lay like that long but she did and I somehow fell asleep too. Quinn was very impressed. Only a mother could do this!

As we were getting ready to go the temple Emma was not happy and her fever was back. She was not eating or drinking much and I had planned to leave her with my sister Anne and Grandma. I walked over to her to comfort her and to my surprised she threw up all over me and the only dress I had brought with me. After getting her cleaned up and calmed down a little. I started getting ready again. She of course did not like me leaving her and was screaming. It was at this point that I realized that I had 15 min. to get my makeup on, my hair dried, and my dress stilled smelled like throw up that I decided it was not worth it. I sent Quinn to the temple without me, even though he volunteered to stay with her. She just wanted her mommy. Fortunatly she felt better just a little while later and even drank something.

So, Carly I'm really sorry I missed it. Later that night we had dinner at Jeff's house so we could get to know him and his family better. We had a great time and Emma did great even though she was up late. After a wonderful dinner we all took turns telling funny stories about Carly and Jeff. We had a great time and feel like we got to know them so well. We love you Jeff and your family. You ROCK!

Sunday morning Emma's fever broke and she immediatly started acting like her old self. Mom, Dad, Anne, and Taylor left early to get back to Ogden. Quinn and I planned to go to church with Grandma and Grandpa before leaving. Just as we were getting ready Quinn realized his church clothes were gone. My Dad had packed them with his things and so we just stayed home and let Quinn and Emma catch up on some sleep before the drive home. What a weekend!

Emma's new favorite "surprised" face to make!

Our tired, sick girl.





Thank you Grandma for the Teddy Bear and Monkey, Emma loves them and they made the trip home easier.

2 comments:

HDVB said...

I hate saying the word "jealous" because of the whole commandment to not covet and what not..but seriously, I am. I wish SO badly that I could have been there. You guys look like you made it such a party, and I never like missing out on the fun, especially when I have such great in-laws like you :)

The Beckstrom's said...

Its always nice to get away. Especially for something like a wedding.